Trademark Management System
Client is an innovation led transnational pharmaceutical company producing a wide range of quality, affordable generic and branded formulations and APIs for the developed and developing markets of the world.
“Trade mark” means a mark capable of being represented graphically and which is capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one person from those of others and may include a word, phrase, symbol or design, or combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs.
For client, Trademark registration has to be done for: any word, title, symbol, heading, label, name, signature, numeral or any combination thereof Any Slogan, Base or Punch Line, etc. which is used to describe any product better. There was a need of the system that could track all (thousands) of trademarks and keep track of legal matters associated.
Workflow was implemented for Procedure/Steps for Trademark Registration that includes
- Filing of an application for registration by a person claiming to be the proprietor of a trademark, in the office of the Trade mark Registry, within the territorial limits of the place of business.
- Status of examination of the application by the Registrar to ascertain whether it is distinctive and does not conflict with existing registered or pending trademarks and examination report is issued.
- Publication of the application after or before acceptance of the application in the Trademark Journal.
- Tracking the legal matters associated with a trademark.
- Protects your hard earned goodwill in the business.
- Protects your Name / Brand Name from being used in a same or similar fashion, by any other business firm, thus discourages others from cashing on your well-built goodwill.
- To obtain relief in respect of infringement (misuse by others) of the trade mark.
- Power to assign (transfer) the trade mark to others for consideration.